1. A rental day consists 8h from 9am until 5pm. For a early start, the bike can be given out the evening prior to the first rental day (after consultation). The handover (acceptance / return) will only take place personally between the landlord and tenant, never by third parties. If the bicycle is not returned by the end of the rental time/day, we reserve the right to charge a additional total daily rental.
1.1. The rental prices valid at the time in question can be seen on our homepage and have been posted in our bike shop.
1.2. Extension of the rental is only possible by agreement with SunBikeTours.
1.3. The rental price and the subsidiary payments shall be made in cash on site.
1.4. The Security Deposit can be paied in Cash or by Credit Card.
2. The borrower shall receive the bicycle in a technically flawless and clean condition safe for use in road traffic. Defects shall be reported without delay.
2.1. Renting a Carbon Racingbike requires experience and proper handling is prerequisite! Damages (scratches, paint bursting or damage between pedal arm and frame due to wrong shifting / chain suck/ jump) will be deducted from the security deposit. In case of total loss, the time value plus loss of rent must be paid.
2.2. Racingbikes only be used on paved roades and paths without exception.
2.3. Attachement of a frame bag is not allowed.
2.4. Please clarify with the Hotel/Accommodation before you book, if there is secure storage of the bikes. For Racing Bikes Aluminum or Carbon, it is the best to take them to the booked room. To store the bike on the balcony is not desirable because of the high salty humidity at night. Parking the bike with a lock in a underground garage or room accessible to everyone/puplic is forbidden.
3. We only hire our bicycles against presentation of a personal identity card/passport and a security deposit see pricelist. This deposit is reimbursed in the event of proper, clean and complete return of the bicycle. . If the borrower has not yet turned 18, bicycles are only provided with the signature of a statutory representative or of an adult supervising person.
3.1. Normal cleaning is included in the rental price. If a bicycle which is dirty above the standard extent is returned, 10 Euro shall be charged for the cleaning. Use of the bicycles in sand (beach) is forbidden.
3.2. The borrower undertakes to use the bicycle carefully, so that the next borrower is also given a flawless bicycle. Damage to the bicycle shall be reported without delay.
3.3. Theft/damage of the bicycle is not insured. Damage/theft to the bicycle caused by negligence or wilful damage or improper use shall be borne by the hirer. The replacement value of the bicycle or spare parts and the associated rental loss will be charged see valid rental price. The loss must be settled by the customer on site.
4. Upon reservations of bicycles and accessories, a deposit of 50% of the total sum is due 4 Days upon confirmation from SunBikeTours. The information on the transfer to our business account will be sent to you upon reservation confirmation. If the reserved date is not fulfilled by the customer, then there will be no refund of the deposit paid.
5. For cancallations up to 28 days or more prior to the reserved date, a 20% processing fee will be deducted from the total rental costs. Cansallations made less than 28 days prior to the reserved date, will not be refunded. No money shall be reimbursed if the rental is cancelled, e.g. due to bad weather, illness, reluctance or for other reasons.
6. Experience in use of the click pedals and shoes is presupposed and is exclusively at your own risk.
6.1. Helmets are mandatory on all racingbikes rented from SunBikeTours. We request that all borrowers wear a helmet as protection against head injuries and comply with the provisions of the Portuguese highway code.
7. For a safe transportaition in the car, a spaceous trunk (at least a Stationwagon) must be present. The back seats need to be complete free and foldable. A nine seater Transpoter is not suitable unless the seats are taken out. 2 Bikes (Carbon or Aluminum) can not be transportet laying on top of each other! The Roadbike needs to be laying safe with the derailleur. Both wheels must remain mounted. This is the only way to maintain the correct gear setting and the rear deraille and frame not to be damaged. When the bike has to be transported standing, then both wheels must remain attached to the bike.
8. SunBikeTours shall not be liable for damage (personal injury & property damage) incurred by the borrower or third parties as a result of the use. The use and the sporting activity or participation and training with the bicycle shall be at your own risk. Participation in sporting events / festivals shall only be admissible with express written consent from SunBikeTours. SunBikeTours expressly rejects any claim to recourse.
9. Place of performance and place of jurisdiction for both parties shall be Alvor/Portimao, Portugal.
10. Our General Terms and Conditions of Business shall apply exclusively.
11. The hirer reserves the right to terminate the contractual relationship prematurely and to demand return at and time without reimbursement of the rental if the bicycle is used improperly or resp. or non-compliance with the general terms, kiability and conditions of service.