1. The borrower shall receive the bicycle in a technically flawless and clean condition safe for use in road traffic.
Defects shall be reported without delay. Renting a Carbon Racingbike requires experience and proper handling is prerequisite! Damages (scratches, paint bursting or damage between pedal arm and frame due to chain jump) will be deducted from the deposit. In case of total loss, the time value plus loss of rent must be paid. Racingbikes may only be used on paved roades and paths without exception.
2. We only hire our bicycles against presentation of a personal identity card/passport and a deposit see pricelist in
cash. This deposit is reimbursed in the event of proper, clean and complete return of the bicycle. Normal cleaning
is included in the rental price. If a bicycle which is dirty above the standard extent is returned, 10 Euro shall be
charged for the cleaning. Use of the bicycles in sand is forbidden.
3. If the borrower has not yet turned 18, bicycles are only provided with the signature of a statutory
or of an adult supervising person.
4. The borrower undertakes to use the bicycle carefully, so that the next borrower is also given a flawless bicycle.
Damage to the bicycle shall be reported without delay. If repairs which the borrower cannot carry out personally
become necessary during the time of rental, he must take the bicycle back to the hirer at his own risk and expense.
SunBikeTours shall assume no expenses for all and any repairs in an outside workshop during the period of rental and must be discussed in advandced.
5. The rental price and the subsidiary payments shall be made in cash on site.
6. The rental prices valid at the time in question can be seen on our homepage and have been posted in our bike
shop. The rental prices are understood inclusive of taxes and dues.
7. Upon reservations of bicycles and accessories, a deposit of 50% of the total sum is due 4 Days upon confirmation from
SunBikeTours. The information on the transfer to our business account will be sent to you upon reservation confirmation.
If the reserved date is not fulfilled by the customer, then there will be no refund of the deposit paid.
8. Upon confirmation of the reservation of a tour on our part, the participation becomes binding. Upon reservation of a tour, a 50% deposit is due immediately. The information on the transfer to our business account will be sent to you upon reservation confirmation from SunBikeTours. If the reserved date is not fulfilled by the customer, then there will be no refund of the deposit paid. There is the possibility to be replaced by a third person. If the tour is canceled due to bad weather, a alternative date can be taken.
9. For cancallations up to 28 days or more prior to the reserved date, a 20% processing fee will be deducted from the total rental costs. Cansallations made less than 28 days prior to the reserved date, will not be refunded.
No money shall be reimbursed if the rental is cancelled, e.g. due to bad weather, illness, reluctance or for other reasons.
10. Extension of the rental is only possible by agreement with SunBikeTours.
11. The hirer reserves the right to terminate the contractual relationship prematurely and to demand return at any
time without reimbursement of the rental if the bicycle is used improperly.
12. Attendance of guided tours shall be at your own risk.
13. Experience in use of the click pedals and shoes is presupposed and is exclusively at your own risk.
14. Please obey the tour guide’s instructions for your own and other people’s protection.
15. The tour guide must be informed without delay in the event of physical overexertion or indisposition.
16. The duty to wear a helmet on bicycles hired by SunBikeTours exists as a matter of principle. We request that all
borrowers wear a helmet as protection against head injuries and comply with the provisions of the Portuguese
17. Borrowers are expressly recommended to conclude a third-party liability insurance.
18. Rental for one day is understood from 9.00 a.m. until 17:30 p.m. If the bicycle is not returned by the end of
business at the end of the rental, we reserve the right to charge an additional total daily rental.
19. SunBikeTours shall not be liable for damage incurred by the borrower or third parties as a result of the use. The
use and the sporting activity or participation in guided tours and training with the bicycle shall be at your own risk.
Participation in sporting events shall only be admissible with express written consent from SunBikeTours.
SunBikeTours expressly rejects any claim to recourse.
20. Theft of the bicycle is not insured. Damage to the bicycle from negligence or wilful damage shall be borne by
the borrower personally to the complete extent and are not insured.
21. The borrower undertakes always to lock the bicycle up with a bikelock. At night, the bicycle must be kept in a
secured, lockable room ( Carbon Roadbikes must be locked in secured Rooms without exception). If the bicycle is lost, the borrower must reimburse the re-procurement value of the bicycle as well as a lump-sum for loss of rental to the amount of two weekly rentals, charged according to the valid rental prices for the following incident of damage.
22. Place of performance and place of jurisdiction for both parties shall be Alvor/Portimao, Portugal.
23. Our General Terms and Conditions of Business shall apply exclusively.